Post a review on iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/adas-sisters-podcast/id1031918331
Download the episode here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/adassisters/e66.mp3
As is this story in the NY Times about sexual harassment in Silicon Valley and this CBC story about diversity in Canadian tech companies – or lack thereof.
We’re 100% behind this Wired story advising tech companies not to recruit women if they’re going to do nothing to RETAIN them.
And we’re curiously optimistic about DeepText – this Instagram AI system that will supposedly delete nasty comments without involving a human editor.
What the actual F?
- Women in Tech Speak Frankly about Sexual Harassment via NY Times
- Canadian tech companies say they value diversity — but what are they doing about it? via cbc
- Instagram Unleashes an AI System to Blast Away Nasty Comments via Wired
- Bizarre App Lets Users Swipe Right to “Pray” for Real Women Considering Abortion via Slate
- Tech Companies: If You Can’t Retain Women, Don’t Recruit Them via Wired
- Single Mom Shares Her Professor’s Response After She Misses Class, And Professor’s Response Wins The Internet via Bored Panda
Tags: women in tech, single mom, retention, deeptext, coalition, app, abortion